Canada's Wonderland Reopening Protocols
When Canada's Wonderland reopens, we want you to have an AMAZING day and feel safe when visiting, so we developed an extensive coronavirus reopening plan – new processes and enhanced procedures throughout the park to help reduce the spread of germs. We’re all in this together and by working together you can safely and confidently enjoy the thrills, giggles, and endless smiles that only Canada's Wonderland can deliver.
This page provides you with essential information for what you will need to do before you arrive at Canada's Wonderland, what you’ll see and experience when you arrive, and how to make the most of your visit—safely—when you get here.
Scheduling Your Visit
Mobile App Required
Face Coverings Required
Use of Location Services
Before You Leave Home
Canada's Wonderland will open with limited capacity in the park so you can maintain proper physical distancing from other guests. To ensure that happens, you will need to reserve your visit date and arrival time online in advance. You will also need to provide information about the current health of family and friends coming with you to the park.
You should be prepared to bring the following items with you to the park when we reopen:
- Your Season Pass, mobile, or printed tickets.
- A face covering for each guest two years and older.
- Contactless payment method (other than cash) such as credit card, Apple Pay, and Android Pay.
- A mobile phone with the Canada's Wonderland app downloaded and "Location Services" enabled. At least one person in your group must have this, but we recommend as many guests as possible have the app downloaded to their mobile device.
When You Arrive
Our reopening plan calls for new arrival processes to prepare everyone for a safe and successful day at the park. Here’s what you’ll see and experience when you arrive at Canada's Wonderland:
- At the Canada's Wonderland parking toll booth, we will ask you for proof of parking payment. If you do not have a parking voucher, you may pay with a cashless payment method such as a credit card, Apple Pay, or Android Pay. We will also confirm that your group has a reservation for the day.
- As soon as you exit your vehicle, you should put on your face covering and keep it on while at the park. Stay safe!
- Next, you’ll pass through a thermal screening tent where your temperature will be read. If anyone in your party has a temperature of 100.4°F / 38°C or higher, you will be directed to return home and reschedule your visit.
- At the gate, our Canada's Wonderland bag policy remains in place.
- At our touchless turnstiles, scan your Season Pass or Daily Ticket inside the mobile app and let the fun begin!
For everyone’s safety, all associates working in the park must complete a health assessment and temperature check each day before reporting to work as well. We’re all in this together!
When You're In the Park
Reminders and Protocols
The coronavirus has created a new way of life for everyone, so you’ll see lots of reminders throughout the park to:
- Wash your hands every 20 minutes.
- Sanitize your hands frequently at the many hand sanitization stations we have added all through the park.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wear your face covering at all times.
- Face coverings may only be removed when experiencing water rides.
- Maintain 2 metres physical distance from other park guests and associates.
- Be in the know about all things Canada's Wonderland with our mobile app. You will be able to find nearby hand sanitizer stations, restrooms, open dining locations, and available attractions and rides.
- Use contactless forms of payment, including credit cards, Apple Pay, and Android Pay.
- For the comfort of all guests, smoking will not be permitted inside the park.
Everyone knows restrooms can be a source of germs, so we want you to know we are following strict guidelines to help you have a safe experience. We are:
- Sanitizing restrooms frequently throughout the day.
- Deep cleaning restrooms at the end of each day.
- Monitoring traffic within restrooms to allow for physical distancing.
Because we’re all in this together, please make sure to wash your hands after using the restroom.
Rides and Attractions
To maintain physical distancing and avoid the spread of germs, here’s what you’ll see and experience at our rides and attractions:
- Some areas, rides, and attractions are not conducive for physical distancing and will be closed initially. The mobile app will list all Canada's Wonderland open attractions.
- Wait lines for open rides and attractions will be marked for physical distancing.
- Some seats and rows will be unavailable to accommodate physical distancing.
- Seats, restraints, headrests, and armrests will be sanitized frequently
We know delicious, fun food is a special part of the Canada's Wonderland experience and we’ve got you covered. Here’s what you’ll see and experience when enjoying our scrumptious food and beverages:
- Some tables have been removed for physical distancing.
- Distancing is marked on the floor for wait lines.
- All disposable products, including pre-wrapped utensils.
- Plastic barriers between guests and associates.
- Contactless payments, including credit cards, Apple Pay, or Android Pay will be available for use.
Shops, Merchandise, and Games
- Physical distancing must be maintained at all of our retail locations.
- It’s very important to continue wearing your face covering in these locations.
- Contactless payment is encouraged where possible.
- Our indoor theatre, Canterbury Theatre, will be closed.