Bring Canada's Wonderland FUN into your classroom with these great learning resources!
We’ve all learned so much this past year, teachers, parents and students alike. Adapting to virtual learning environments and discovering new ways to connect, learn and grow. At Canada’s Wonderland, we’re happy to be able to provide some amusement park fun for your classrooms!
Here are some great ideas that can easily be integrated into your curriculum-based lessons:
- Take a virtual field trip and take your students on a roller coaster with our ride POV videos. (Click Here to Learn More)
- Have students design and build their own ride or amusement park. (Learn How)
- Do some creative writing with prompts inspired by Canada’s Wonderland. (See 10 Writing Prompts Ideas)
- We just published our 2021 Canada's Wonderland Park Map online. Use it to teach students about navigation! Download the PDF map here.
5. Check out these Peanuts activities designed for students in Grades K-8. (Download Worksheets)
Want some more inspiration? Have a look at ways these teachers have brought Canada’s Wonderland to their classroom! (Get More Ideas!)
And just NEW this spring, we are happy to be launching “It’s Not Magic…It’s Science” in partnership with Rockwell Automation’s Global STEM Ambassador, Jay Flores. Check out this mini-series we will be releasing to explain and explore the science that is behind the scenes of your favourite rides!
It can be hard to keep students engaged, but we’ve made sure to keep these episodes short, interesting and most importantly… FUN! Until we can see you face to face in the park for some behind the scenes tours of your favourite rides with a park engineer, enjoy this fun, free and educational miniseries.
Part 1 of 5: It's Not Magic, It's Science - Pendulum Ride: Viking's Rage
Part 2 of 5: It's Not Magic, It's Science - Roller Coaster Sensor
Part 3 of 5: It's Not Magic, It's Science - Looping Coasters
We also have Physics, Science and Math activity books that coincide with province-approved curriculum, available for download. While these were designed for classroom trips to the park, much of the activities can be modified for use in-class.
Not exactly what you’re looking for?
Contact our Education Rep. for more information on how Canada’s Wonderland can help bring your lessons to life.